A Scrumptious and Healthy Greek Rice Pudding (Rizogalo)
Mark Wolff - Jan 28, 2022
Mf you love a Rizogalo (Greek Rice Pudding) as much as I do... Then this recipe is for you! I have put a healthy spin on it by making it... A high-protein healthy treat! Consume as a recovery meal, snack or even a main meal during the course of the day. Who says eating healthy can't be enjoyable ⬇️⬇️⬇️
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Rice (any rice is good, I however prefer to go with a higher fibre higher protein rice - in this case brown basmati)
- 1 Serving of FFL Vanilla or Chocolate Protein
- 1 tsp Honey (or Maple or Date Syrup)
- 1 tsp Peanut Butter (or raw Tahini)
How to Make:
Add to a bowl then add some hot water (or your favorite milk), Mix until you get a nice consistency.
- 1/2 cup Frozen Berries (I like to use blueberries or raspberries or a mix of the two)
- 1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon
Nutrition Breakdown (as per the full recipe above):
- Total Calories: 331 KCals
- Protein: 28 grams
- Carbohydrates: 42 grams
- Fat: 6 grams
To save time you can use a large batch of rice and refrigerate it for a few days. So just add some hot water when you use it and that saves on the cooking time for future meals. This can be increased into a higher protein meal by adding an additional half serving of FFL protein. You can also reduce the rice content to lower the carb value. This can be eaten HOT or COLD. For cold just use cold water or milk to mix it all together
Fitness Freak Blog
Stay on top of the latest Health Trends, get Yummy Healthy Recipes, and make the most of our great deals!
Join the Healthy Active Lifestyle Revolution. Unsubscribe anytime.